Stay Cool This Summer With These Hot Tips
Published: July 14, 2022
Heat Advisory: It's hot out there! Make sure you are always incorporating these 6 Tips to Beat the Heat to keep you safe and healthy:
- Stay hydrated
- Everyone has heard about the 8 cups a day rule, but not all follow through with it. Every cell, tissue, and organ in your body needs water to work properly and efficiently. So being well-hydrated improves sleep quality, cognition, and your overall mood. It also helps regulate body temperature, prevents infections, delivers nutrients to cells, and keeps organs functioning properly.
- Wear sunscreen & reapply throughout the day
- Don't forget to apply sunscreen to your face and skin throughout the day. Applying and reapplying sunscreen can protect your skin from harmful UV rays and reduces your risk of skin illnesses.
- Protect your eyes and wear sunglasses
- Similar to sunscreen, it's important to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays and jobsite debris. UV light can have harmful effects on the eyelid, cornea, lens and retina, so it's important to keep your eyes protected.
- Take shade breaks
- Everyone needs a rest and recovery break when working in the heat. It helps your skin to tan and form more protection. It also gives you time to cool off and rehydrate.
- Eat light and avoid heavy meals
- Lighter foods and fruits that also aid in rehydrating you are key in heat waves. Since we sweat more, we need more water to recover and keep moving efficiently. Foods like strawberries, melons, cucumber, and celery are key in this time. Heavy meals that take more time for your body to break down will increase your body heat, so it's best to avoid those when working in the heat.
- Wear protective clothing
- Dri-Fit clothing allows air circulation and light colored fabrics reflect light and heat. This will keep you cooler, longer. Natural fabrics like cotton and linen also work in absorbing sweat and allowing the skin to breath.
At Perma-Patch, we know it's hot out there this summer and our goal is to save you time and money on the job. Our fine mix product EXCELS in these hot temperatures and will get you out of the sun faster.
HOT TIP: Use Perma-Patch Fine Mix for faster hardening in hot conditions. Our Fine Mix Product offers the same great performance as our Regular Mix, but hardens with less compaction.
Benefits of Perma-Patch Fine Mix:
- Great for High Temperatures even up to 120℉!
- Meets the same specifications as our Regular Mix.
- Fine Mix is still Perma-Patch, just with finer aggregates enabling faster hardening.
While other patches become stiff all the way through, Perma-Patch maintains internal pliability to withstand extreme pressure and temperature changes in the surrounding road.
HOT TIP: Ask your distributor for our 60LB bag of Fine Mix: Perma-Patch Item# PP-60-F.
PP-50-FP: 50lb pail Fine Mix
PP-30-FP: 30lb pail Fine Mix